Monday, October 17, 2011

Picturesque Anecdotes of My Adolescent

I was inspired to write about this on my way back from my hometown. I spent most of my tender years in a small town north of Perak known as Kuala Kangsar. It originates from the name kurang sa or kurang satu, kurang sa was given since it has 99 creeks that derived from the Perak river. Kurang satu or kurang sa denotes less one creek to 100. (Yeah you better know how to swim if you intend live here).
Indeed it was a picturesque town with river running through it lushes of greens, hilly countryside, colonials era buildings, traditional boats.  My teen years was simple, we had a supermarket, kfc, Mcd and pizza hut. 2 cinemas, 1 bar, 2karaoke and 1 nightclub. I was brought up in the middle of all this. Yupp when I say I was I was brought up in the middle of all this: I literally meant in the middle of all these things were in a walking distance from my house.
Among my favourite spots would be the banks of Perak River where I would sit and read for hours and it is also my favourite jogging and dating spot. Yes which bring us to the next topic boyfriend in my life I only had 3 serious relationships, this was my first love, I was 14 when we met, he was a tall, handsome, well built ( when I say well built I meant he had 6 packs) 16 yr old. For privacy purposes I shall call him A
My fondest memory was motorcycle ride with A, he would pick me up from school and take me to my second favourite spot which is Bukit Chandan (yeah that were the sultan lives), so the place is majestic and beautiful. It situated on a hill overseeing the Perak River.  I was a hopeless romantic back then. There were so many memories on the hill that passing through that place brought tears to my eyes. It is true what they say about first cut being the deepest; A was a fine young man not only introduce me to the exciting world of rock and roll, nightclubs, bars ,karaoke  and cigarettes but was also a self made man. At the tender age of 16 he bought his RXZ bike using his own money, which he earns from working after school. Undeniably this place embraces a unique mark in my life, it is here I learned the meaning of love it is here I discover how it feels like to be kissed. It is here I played truant.
I will always treasure these memories of my beautiful adolescent years with me, it was beautiful and fun. I was very naughty in school.  I was an athlete so I didn’t have anytime for tuition. I skip classes regularly except for a few classes like history, literature and PE (all which is my favourite). One of my bizarre occurrences is when my English teacher suggested me to join the debate club. I ran as far as I could. Well in my school there a few types of kids cool ones and nerdy ones, how are they differentiated? Nerds join activities such as debates coral speaking choir etc, while cool people like me join hockey team, swim team, and soccer ( which I joined all).( LOL for all its worth I still think only dweeb join debates and choir and all that stuff). I wasn’t concerned about getting As, school was one hell of a fun ride for me.
Well that was life 15 years ago so simple and fun we didn’t have blackberry or blue berry or Ipad, we had public phone wherewith you put coins and test pad to write on, but somehow I feel life was in its full circle back then. Maybe it’s my location, maybe lack of responsibility, maybe because I can rely on my parents, maybe its A... I truly cannot offer any explanation except  if I had a chance I wanted to live and re- live those moments

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

babe out of all the post that you wrote this one screamed you all over it.. the other sounded like some pretencious poser prick wrote it. i love you to bits and miss the good ol' days when we were in school too. Sweet Alma Maters Dearie..
Ivonne L. Dcruz

Anonymous said...

O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love
And I'll no longer be a Capulet

hahaha where is my romeo? i really miss you, always remember my romeo frm the literature class, hey btw i also think debate clubs are for nerds lol... thank god u didnt join hanaa
hugs
Christine Tan

QuEeN oF tHe DaMnEd said...

I am here my juliet...What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet;
i miss you guys deeply tooo.. u loved literature dont cha chris teachers pet!!! Sweet alma maters sygs

QuEeN oF tHe DaMnEd said...

you got to second base with alif and we are reading about this 15 yrs later where u subtlely mentions it omg macam ni la kawan...
finie@ninie

Anonymous said...

sori terguna id ko lupa log out lol..
finie@ninie

Anonymous said...

aha ye la second base babe thats
big... why didnt we knw abt this
ivonne

Anonymous said...

ya meh? aloo kawan ape ni
Christ

Anonymous said...

u guys got to second base and i am reading this frm this blog.. i always tot it was ed tht got to 2nd base
Marcie

Anonymous said...

yeah i tot it was ed too apparently alif got to second base too
lisda...

Anonymous said...

eloo she first did target practice with me strictly for educational purpose only its not like i kiss a girl i like it or sumthin...but tot the practice was for ed
imelda

Anonymous said...

omg u got to 2nd base with abg alif? hanaa been notty..
alisha Yong

QuEeN oF tHe DaMnEd said...

guys for the record ed was the first la...

Anonymous said...

but i tot u guys wasnt serious abt each other? nowur sayin ur doin the hanky panky? u better tell us sum dirt
christ

QuEeN oF tHe DaMnEd said...

we were not serious but what can i say hormones raging, i was young he was hot, his lips was irristable

Anonymous said...

omg so u went to second with both of them?
finie

Anonymous said...

yeah u have a lot of explanation to do young lady what do you mean hormones raging omg did u do the hanky panky with ed too?omg u kiss my brother and u did target practice with me before ugh thts like threesome with my bro,i will do u without much thinking but ed its just digusting...
mel

QuEeN oF tHe DaMnEd said...

both of them got to second base la..dont ask me which one is better...lol i was naughty back then ey

Anonymous said...

hanaa!
naughty!

finie

Anonymous said...

omg, i can never look at ed in the eyes again.. thanks i have a dysfunctional relationship with my bro now, i kiss his gf lol
way to go girl both of em yea
mel

Anonymous said...

naughty hana!
ivonne

Anonymous said...

congrats kissed two hot guy in a year - not bad at all